Over the last couple of years Cliff House Trust Ltd has undertaken an exciting programme of restoration and renovation to reposition the building within the town as a vibrant community centre, providing a range of facilities and services to ensure the continued future of the building.
A great deal has happened and with the help of some very hard workers, some amazing cash gifts and some loans, the work below has been completed:
- The whole front elevation has been refurbished-balconies-windows-balustrades-external joinery-doors-stonework-render repairs.
- The Assembly Room has been completely renovated and restored to Edwardian elegance, complete with a digital cinema.
- A new removable/flexible stage and gantry for use at community and private events is available.
- The front terrace has a new brick and stone patio.
- We have a new licensed function bar (very important).
- The Reading room/Library has been totally refurbished.
Much of the above has been paid for, but we still need more support for on-going projects and continued maintenance.
Residents of the town and visitors alike are invited to become Friends of Cliff House either by donating to the charity and/or volunteering their time and skills. Friends of Cliff House will be kept up to date on a regular basis and encouraged to stay involved.
Those donating £50 or more will receive an invitation to view the Salcombe Regatta fireworks from Cliff House.
Our Mission Statement is
To make Cliff House a self-sustaining enterprise to ensure its use at the heart of the community as was originally intended.
To become a profitable business to ensure its maintenance and modernisation to accommodate modern requirements.
To continue to investigate all possible funding arrangements.
To attempt to provide a Bursary Fund for local charities once all remedial works have been completed.
Your support is vital to ensure the future of Cliff House Salcombe
Cliff House Trust Reg Charity No: 1146359